The ASI6614 and ASI6618
professional PCI-Express sound cards designed for use in
radio broadcast automation.
Providing up to 16 play streams that are mixed to
4 (ASI6614) or 8 (ASI6618) stereo outputs and up to 2 record streams fed from
one stereo input, the ASI6614 and
ASI6618 feature AudioScience’s unique “anything to
anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6614 and ASI618 provide
both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The
maximum analog input and output level is
A choice of
uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for
both recording and playback. All compression is handled
by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host
computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6614 and ASI6618 functionality includes MRX™ multi-rate mixing technology that allows streams of different sample-rates
and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX™ time scaling allows compression/expansion
of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
For emerging surround sound applications, SSX2™ mode
allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played and mixed.
- 4/12 mono/stereo streams of playback into 4 stereo outputs (ASI6614)
- 8/16 mono/stereo streams of playback into 8 stereo outputs (ASI6618)
- 1/2 mono/stereo streams of record from 1 stereo input
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX™ technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
- TSX™ time scaling by up to +/-20%
- SSX2™ mode for multichannel playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- SoundGuard™ transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows and
Linux software drivers available