The ASI6720 and ASI6722
low profile PCI-Express sound card designed for use in
radio broadcast automation.
Providing up to 6 play streams
that are mixed to 2 balanced stereo outputs and 4 record
streams fed from 2 balanced stereo inputs, the
ASI6720 and ASI6722 feature AudioScience’s unique “anything to
anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6722 provides
both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The
maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu. The
ASI6720 provides balanced analog inputs and outputs
A choice of
uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for
both recording and playback. All compression is handled
by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host
computer to focus on other tasks.
includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows
streams of different sample-rates and formats to be
mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows
compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in
real time with no change in pitch.
For emerging surround
sound applications, SSX2 mode allows multichannel streams
of up to 8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 4 or 6 stereo/mono streams of playback into
2 stereo outputs
- 4 stereo or 8 mono streams of record from 2 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to
- MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%
- SSX2 mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB DNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on
all inputs (ASI6722 only)
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- Low profile short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 8 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available